When an international student encounters illness or accident, and need to stay in the hospital for in-patient treatment, by the examination of the doctor, he/she should follow the following steps to use the insurance properly.
1. The patient or his/her companions must call the service line400-810-5119, and provide the patient's passport number to confirm the validity of the insurance.
2. The consultant will talk with the doctor in the hospital to confirm the diagnosis and give advice to the patient or the companions.
3. If the hospital is in the network of the insurance company, the patient may apply for pre-payment of the medical expense. When approved by the insurance company, the service personnel will arrange the pre-payment.
4. The patient makes the processes for in-patient treatment.
5. If the insurance company needs some documents from the university, the patient or companions should contact Ms. Hu (010-67391857) for the necessary assistance.
Whether or not the patient uses the pre-payment service, during the medical treatment in the hospital, the student or the companion should keep all the invoices, medical records and diagnostic documents, to make a claim for the insurance.
NOTE: The medical expenses before a patient is admitted will be treated as out-patient medical expenses.